You need a Road Map and for this you need a Learning Strategy
There are 4 simple steps to build a learning organization
Step 1 Analysis. Where do we start?
- Consolidation and periodization
- wind a group who give you a quick win
- Analysis of behavior by tools like SAP User Experience Management (UEM) will help to monitor and analyze what your users are actually doing on your system. You can base decisions on real date and not assumptions when it comes to identifying further user enablement initiatives.
Step 2 Capability Review. Understanding you current position.
- Where are we now? What can your users already do well? Where are the current skills gaps?
- Assessment & Baseline
- What existing formal learning material do we have?
- What super user activities are already in action
- How much can be reused?
- Learning Need Analysis
- Content Review
- Readiness Review
- SAP User Experience Management can help to understand users current actions and errors
Step 3 Solution Building
- Enablement Rollout.
- Depends on gaps found
- perhaps you need more formal enablement content to be build
- how will this be accessed once it has been build
- perhaps you need to support the users how to collaborate and to create their own knowledge content
- settle up meeting structures and facilitate communities of practices to support you super users
- SAP Enable Now can help users and learning stuff to create and distribute formal learning content in an efficient way. Just in Time In-App help can help users to access knowledge content at the right place at the right time.
Step 4 Review
To close the loop you need to understand what affects your measures are having. What’s working well, what needs to be changed, what’s next? Than you can move on to the next segment of your organization. Keep in mind, building a learning organization is an iterative process.
The cost of doing nothing.
The world is changing more quickly than ever before – but most organizations aren’t necessarily doing a great job of preparing their employees for what’s to come.
Relying on a train-as-you-go, event-based approach means that you’ll always be playing catch up: training your employees to meet current requirements. To build a skilled, agile workforce, you need to make sure that work and learning are intertwined.
1000 calls to the help desk per week where the average call is $37 per incident = $37’000 > x 52 weeks that’s $1’924’000
80% of those calls are no system issues, but „how-to“ questions and user generated errors.
If an untrained SAP user spends 2.5 hours in non productive searching and corrections per day (at an FLC of $48 per hour) in one year that could amount to $28’800.
What if you have 12’000 untrained users?
That’s $173 million a year!
You cannot Manage what you are not able to measure
Error messages, poor workflow design, and inadequate training can slow productivity and create employee frustration and job dissatisfaction. Effectively leveraging SAP User Experience Management (SAP UEM) data to simplify business workflows with streamlined screens and interactions can eliminate these disruptions. And pinpointing problem areas can help refocus training needs through just in time In-App Help, using SAP Enable Now as an Electronic Performance Support System (EPSS) so everyone can immediately upskilled to be able to produce to their fullest potential.
Why is this important?
The average worker deals with 56 interruptions a day. And many switch tasks every 3 minutes. That’s nearly 20x per hour!
- 73% of interruptions are handled immediately – whether or not it’s necessary.
- After being interrupted, 2 additional tasks are typically handled before returning to the first.
On average it takes 23 Minutes & 15 Seconds to recover and get back to the task at hand.
Error messages can be some of the most damaging! A delayed, difficult, or unnecessary step required to get a task done—regardless of how small—can have major time and cost implications! The more complex the task, the bigger the consequences.
Imagine if you will: A Customer Service Rep’s dashboard delivers an unnecessary error message. It takes only a second to overcome, but it happens all the time. That sounds pretty minor, but it adds up.
We did the match. 1 CSR takes 1 second to overcome 1 error, experiences 10 errors during each transaction, and performs 500 transactions a day.
Ready for big savings and increased productivity?
By effectively using SAP User Experience Management (SAP UEM) data, you’ll identify the errors and interruptions that are occurring, know how frequently they get triggered, and pinpoint who they are affecting—right down to the individual. With SAP UEM analytics and insights, you have all of the data needed to switch off the sources of disruptions, so you can reduce time wasted, foster happier users, and drive down costs.
Using in addition the context sensitive Electronic Performance Support Systeme (EPSS) of SAP Enable Now everyone can immediately upskilled directly in user’s application just in time.